making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 25 December 2007

Merry Christmas and Christmas Brunch at The Marmalade Pantry, HV

Today is Christmas Day. It has been an eventful day for me. But before I go on, I want to wish all my friends, family and readers who have taken the time to read my blog, a Merry Christmas! I hope today has been a great day for you and your loved ones. :)

We took the girls to The Marmalade Pantry, one of my favourite restaurants, for Christmas Brunch at 10am because I wanted to try their festive menu. :P We decided to go earlier since our friend couldn't join us. We were only the second family/table there so it was really peaceful and quiet. It took us a while to order because it was hard to decide what to have, everything sounded so yummy, lol.





The girls shared from the Festive Kids' Menu, a main and a sweets for $15++. They had Breaded White Fish & Chips and Profiteroles with Vanilla Ice Cream with Warm Chocolate Sauce. The fish and chips weren't too bad. The profiteroles were fantastic - little puffs stuffed with vanilla ice cream.



We shared a Corn Chowder with Crab and Basil Dumpling ($12). I always like corn chowder so I found it nice. I thought the dumpling was pretty delicious. Who would have thought that crab and basil actually went well together, lol.


The girls' father had Pork Neck Spaghetti Alio Olio, Roasted Chestnuts & Chili ($18) but without the chili. I thought the spaghetti was really fragrant. The pork neck was tender and juicy and the chestnut added a unique taste to the dish.


What is Christmas without turkey, lol. So I had Roast Turkey with Green Onion, Cornbread Stuffing & Cranberry Relish ($29). The turkey was pretty tender and not too dry. The cornbread stuffing was yummy too.


Half way through the brunch, the girls were tired so their father sent them home first but not without doggy bag home their favourite cupcakes, Cloud Nine. I also ordered Limonata and Chocolate Deluxe to bring home, lol.

After dropping the girls' off at home, their father rejoined me for the desserts. We ordered the Brunch Dessert Platter ($36++):
Bitter Orange Marmalade Pudding, Caramelized Walnut, Orange & Ginger Sauce - this was fantastic on its own and with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, it was beyond this world, lol.
Individual Caramelized Pecan Tart - this was a tad too sweet but it was still nice, lol.
White Chocolate & Pear Mousse with Ginger Biscotti, Star Anise Creme Anglaize - surprisingly, it wasn't too sweet and the star anise creme gave it an exotic taste. It was really good!
Gingerbread Pancakes with Lemon Swirl Creme Chantilly - the pancakes were unique with its gingerbread taste and it went really well with the lemon creme chantilly, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, lol.



Since the girls were home, we decided to go see a movie. Unfortunately, we didn't have the movie times for National Treasure. I called up a good friend for help. Opps, we didn't know he was at church service. Sorry, pal. :P But he was kind enough to help us out and looked up the movie times with his pda phone. Now that is all the more reason I should get a pda phone, lol. All thanks to my friend, we were able to catch the 12:55pm show at Great World City Golden Village, lol. :) The movie wasn't too bad. You don't have to use too much brain power to analyse. It was entertaining enough.

At 4pm, I went to visit a SCGS pal who has just given birth to her 3rd baby on Christmas Eve with my other SCGS pals. It was a gathering for us, lol. We had a good time chatting and catching up with one another. We stayed till 6pm before we left and we have arranged to meet up again over Chinese New Year 2008, lol.

It has been an eventful Christmas Day for me - had great food, great entertainment and great company. :)

No comments: