making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 12 December 2007

PTM

It is the Parent-Teacher-Meeting again at my girls' pre-school. They are really serious about things like that. This should be the way to go because early childhood education is very important. It is the foundation for later education to come.

In the afternoon, I met with Juliane's teacher first before Marieann's teacher. The comments given by the teachers of the girls couldn't be more different. Don't worry, nothing negative.
Juliane's teacher said that she is really lively, energetic and interacts very well with her classmates. Marieann's teacher said that she is serious, observant and quiet.

Being their mother, I know how different they are. Juliane is an extrovert whereas Marieann is more of an introvert. Juliane is more gung-ho and not afraid to make mistakes whereas Marieann is more shy and she doesn't like to make mistakes. She has a perfectionist streak in her.

This is something that I am trying to correct in Marieann, to be NOT afraid of making mistakes. I know how limiting it can be in life, especially later on because I have been there. I too have a perfectionist streak in me, I guess it is like mother, like daughter, lol. But I have learnt to control the perfectionist streak in me. Of course, for some things I still tend to be a perfectionist, lol. What about? That's for me to know and for you to find out, lol.

No comments: