making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 6 December 2007

Recipes

Friends have commented that since I love food, and have posts about food, why not up my blog by including recipes? Hmm, cool idea, lol.

When I was single, I used to bake pretty often - cookies, biscuits, cakes, desserts. Yes, yes, for my sweet tooth, haha. My cheesecake is most popular. I used to make it for special occasions (still do now) and for sale too. Yup, I had people ordering my cheesecake. Serious. Why would I joke about something like that? Lol. I used to have this dream about opening a little speciality cafe that sells my cheesecakes and I will also have a little corner in the cafe for me to do my tarot reading for patrons. Lol. :) Well, don't laugh, I am quite accurate in my readings, ok?! 15 years of experience! :P

When I was staying in Australia, I cooked everyday. I enjoyed cooking! I enjoyed going grocery shopping and planning what I was going to cook. The planning itself was as fun as the cooking. When I say cook, I mean cook from scratch! When I cook, I don't follow the recipes strictly, I sometimes follow my instinct. I am thankful I have a keen sense of smell and taste so it wasn't that difficult for me. Isn't that what makes cooking fun?! Lol.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to cook or bake much now-a-days, except for the occasional cheesecake that I still make. Maybe I should start again, especially the desserts, the cookies, the cakes as I have just found that I can substitute sugar with Sweetico, which can be used in cooking and baking. :) Anyway, I will need time to organise my own recipes and such.

So for now, I have added a new Widget application on my blog: Epicurious Recipes which shows recipes. Have fun looking at it. (It is on the left, under my list of what I Enjoy.) Oh yes, if you need my recipes, you can still email me for them. Not a problem with sharing them, lol.

No comments: