making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 20 December 2007

Sleepy and Wet Day

This morning, I was dragged out of bed by my girls at 8:45am. I had only just gone to bed about 3.5 hours ago! I need MORE SLEEP!!! I was so hoping to sleep in, and it was raining, such perfect weather to sleep in... But...sigh, NO such luck, lol.

Marieann was coughing quite a bit and so I had to bring her to the doctor's but have to wait until 10am. when the clinic opens. Which meant I could actually have slept for an extra 45 minutes! Sigh. Marieann has a throat infection and she was told by the doctor to stay off cold drinks, orange juice, ice cream, sweets and chocolate! I hope all at home will cooperate in helping Marieann to stay off these forbidden stuff. Thank you very much!

After the visit to the doctor's, it was still raining. But we were able to pop over to Wheelock Place which was next door, without getting too wet, lol. The girls were hungry and requested for their frog restaurant, yes Sakae again! Hahaha. Each girl had a plate of Tamago nigiri sushi and a chawanmushi. I had my Soft Shell Crab Temaki, Unagi nigiri sushi. We shared a Chicken Teriyaki & Kushiyaki bento ($13.99) which came with chicken teriyaki; 3 sticks of salmon, scallops and mushrooms; rice and miso soup. The chicken was tender enough but the kushiyaki sticks were overcooked so became a little too tough.





After lunch, we dropped into The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at Borders for something sweet. We shared a Low Fat Cranberry Muffin and I had a Peppermint Latte. I was sleepy and was also distracted by the peppermint in the Peppermint Latte that I forgot latte is coffee. You see, I don't take any coffee at all. But too bad, I was stuck with the latte. Don't think I will grow to like coffee, still too bitter for my taste. And coffee does something strange to me, it makes me sleepy! NO joke, lol. Maybe if I am already sleepy, by taking coffee, it would cancel out the sleepiness in me?? Nope, no such luck, lol. I was still sleepy as ever.

We walked around at Isetan Scotts for a while before heading home and it was still raining. When we returned home, I had my much needed sleep!! :)

No comments: