making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 5 December 2007

Trust

I decided to work from home today. Since I have the data at home with me, why not? My new PI has made it clear to me that it is okay for me to work from home as long as I can deliver and she said the important words, "I trust you". That to me is a very important thing: TRUST.

I find that in a working relationship, when there is trust between colleagues, between boss and subordinates, so much more can be achieved! I am one who would give you a lot more when you have trust in me to do my work. As the quote goes:

Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is unfortunate that I have had the experience of having bosses who were untrusting and paranoid, always thinking that their staff would skive on the job if they do not micro-manage them. Very sad indeed for them. Sigh.

The same goes for friendship. Trust between friends is also very important for me. When my friends trust me, it is an honour for me and they can be assured that they have a friend for life in me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u mentioned abt trust btw boss/colleague and friends.
how abt trust between family?
*pondering*...