making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 23 December 2007

Weekend at Conrad Centennial Hotel: Sunday

The weekend continues... lol.

Early this morning, really early, when I couldn't sleep around 2+ or 3+ am, I went round taking pictures of the girls in their various sleeping positions, lol. Marieann slept on the extra bed which was set up in the living room, near to the bedroom and the girls' father remained sleeping on the couch where he had fallen asleep. Juliane slept with me on the King's size bed, lol. Just nice for the both of us cos Juliane really moves a lot in her sleep as you can see in the photos, lol.






For that 4.5 hours which I slept, it was pretty deep because I don't recall dreaming at all! Not dreaming is pretty rare for me, lol. I had actually wanted to wake up at dawn, hoping to catch the sunrise. Although I did wake up one or two times but it was either too early, still in darkness or too late, sun was already up, lol. But anyway, I was too sleepy to have gotten good photos of the sunrise, even if I did get up at the right time.

When I woke up at 8:30am, everyone was still asleep. Wanted to read the newspapers but someone stole the papers! I decided to have a nice hot soak in the tub. After the massage last night, my muscles were really aching, especially my neck and shoulders. By the time I filled up the tub, everyone has woken up. Oh well, I could still have my soak and also a few photos with the girls in our pjs, lol.




Ahh... the soak was pure heaven. It really soothed my aching muscles and was really relaxing. I was able to lie there in the tub and enjoy my peace and tranquility for about ... 15 minutes before the girls started giggling and trying to peep at me through the slits on the bathroom door, lol. There goes my peace and quiet. Since I can't beat them (not in the literal sense, lol), I got out and let them experience a soak in the tub too. We all had fun, lol.


All that I needed for my relaxing soak: bath salt, and most importantly, my adorable rubber ducky! Lol.

By the time everyone got dressed and packed our belongings, it was almost 10am. Time for our breakfast. The first meal of the day is the most important, cannot miss it for the world, especially if it is buffet, lol. Here are some highlights of the buffet spread (which had Western, Asian, cereals, bread, fruits, cold cuts, salad) and what I had for breakfast, lol.










We went back to the suite just before 11am to watch F4 again because the girls complained that they had fallen asleep while watching it late last night, lol. Might as well as we only needed to check out at 12pm.


The girls were pretty upset about leaving. Both said they wanted to stay at the hotel everyday. Their father paled at that, lol. Again, when we checked out, we were given a very warm reception. The girls received their cookies again, lol.


After we put our stuff into the car, we walked over to Marina Square to walk off the heavy breakfast we had. We had a light snack at 1+ pm at Gloria Jean's Coffee (an Australian cafe). We ordered a Pasta Salad ($3.95) to share. The salad was actually very nice, lol. The girls "ta pau" cupcakes home.


While in the car, on the way home, the girls fell asleep. All the excitement of the weekend getaway has finally taken its toll on them, lol. And the parents too when we got home, hahaha. I napped for 3 hours, lol.

Overall, it was a really nice stay away from home. The girls really enjoyed themselves. I also enjoyed the break away from home and the massage too, although I am still aching now, lol. Oh yes, and the shopping too, lol. Maybe next time, we should stay an extra night to be really relaxed, lol. :P

Some photos of the surrounding which I took from the suite. :)







No comments: