making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 26 December 2007

Window of the Soul

Eyes are the window of the soul. To me, my eyes are much more than that. They serve another much more practical purpose, other than letting others have a glimpse of my soul, they warn me of any impending illnesses, lol. Not joking.

Often before I fall ill, my eyes are the ones that would act up first as they are very sensitive. So almost every time when they act up, I would quickly take precaution such as taking my vitamins, drinking more liquids, etc and of course, I would have to put eye drops for my eyes.

My left eye started itching quite badly on Monday night, Christmas Eve. I should have put eye drops and then leave it alone but I just couldn't resist rubbing my eye, alot, lol. It got worse on Tuesday, Christmas Day. There was a slight swelling just under my left eye, not obvious but it was quite painful whenever I blinked. I also started to take precautions too against illnesses, just in case, lol. :P

Today I went to see the doctor. Apparently, I have rubbed my eyes too much and germs have gotten into my eye gland resulting in the swelling. It would go away in a day or two, as long as I don't rub it. So except for my eye, I am otherwise healthy which is a relief to know, lol. Now, I will make sure I don't rub my eyes no matter how much they itch. Lol.

No comments: