making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Assessment

Today, I went to an Action Research workshop which was conducted by my PI. She is a really good speaker, very entertaining but at the same time, imparting her knowledge to the teachers using her own teaching experiences as well as anecdotes from lessons that she has observed.

The participants had to talk about "problems" that they would like to do action research on so that they can inform and improve their practices. One of the problems a few of them brought up is assessment. My PI is very nice. She immediately alerted the participants that my area of focus/ interest is in assessment or as she said I am the assessment expert. Lol. I am so embarrassed by that, lol. No, I am not an expert in assessment lah. I just know about assessment such as alternative assessment, formative assessment a little more in-depth than others. I am still a long way from being an expert. Even if I do obtain my PhD, I think there is still so much for me to learn about assessment. :P

I managed to discuss about assessment with a few teachers during the various discussion times. It is not a one-sided "lecture" of what I know, rather it is more of a mutual sharing as I do learn from their experiences and frustrations with assessment too. :)

Assessment is really an interesting topic and there are some ideas bouncing in my head that I would love to investigate. I think I should quickly work on and finish my PhD as soon as I can, lol.

No comments: