making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 4 January 2008

Craving for Sweets

Tonight, I had a sudden craving for sweets!! Since going sugar-free, there is hardly any sweet stuff at home. I just couldn't take it any more. I desperately need something sweet!

The girls' father came home, had his dinner and off we went to Holland Village. There would be something at HV that will appease my craving, lol.

We tried 2am: desserts. It is a place more for yuppies, couples, but not really for families with young children. They either had seating at usually high tables or sofa seating. But you had to remove your shoes to sit on the sofa because the sofa is deep and once seated, your feet would be the only part of your limbs that are sticking out of the sofa. Definitely no mini or micro mini-skirts for ladies, lol.

We ordered two desserts to share:
Twix ($13): brunt caramel mousse, peanut crumble, home-made valrhona chocolate ice-cream. The mousse was fantastic, but maybe it's because I love caramel, lol. It went really well with the peanut crumble which gave it extra crunch, literally too, lol. The ice cream, on the other hand, I thought wasn't necessary, it didn't really add value to the mousse.



Apple Pudding ($13): apple crumble, caramel beer sauce, cinnamon spice ice-cream. It wasn't the usual apple crumble for the pastry was moist, more akin to a christmas pudding kind of apple crumble. The caramel beer sauce was poured over the apple crumble. It was nice enough but nothing to shout about. I like the cinnamon spice ice cream though. It's really exotic and spicy in taste and I think it saved the apple crumble.


Overall, I think 2am: desserts is kind of pricey for desserts, even for a tai-tai wannabe like me, lol. The portions were fairly small too, having one dessert is just not enough to satisfy a dessert lover like me. :P

After the desserts, we popped into The Marmalade Pantry, a few doors away to see if we could still get any cupcakes. But they were sold out. The manager, who has become our friend now, gave the girls a piece of tea cake to try instead, without charge. That was really nice of her. :)

We did a little grocery shopping at Cold Storage such as getting my Almond Soy Milk, the girls' Chocolate milk, etc, before returning home.

No comments: