making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 12 January 2008

Delightful Day

Today has been a really delightful day for me.

***
Morning
I worked on the reports for my counselling session on Wednesday 9 January. I managed to finish 8 reports in an hour and sent them off to the school. It always feels good to finish one's work. I have started counselling again. It was really nice to see the counselees and likewise, they were happy to see me. :)

***
Afternoon
I rang up my hair stylist, in the morning, to see if she has an available slot in the afternoon for me. I realised it is getting close to Chinese New Year. I might as well get a hair cut now, rather than wait till later and can't get a slot, lol. I was lucky for she was free at 1pm. Right after I arrived for my appointment, there were a few walk-ins and the salon was soon packed, lol. Got myself a new hair style. :) Ok, maybe it isn't that different from my last hair style, lol.

This is positively the highlight of my delightful day - meeting up with my ex-4P students! I met with Li Choo and Deborah of 4P 2000 at Starbucks, Orchard Parade Hotel. I was about 5 minutes late for our 5pm meeting. But when I arrived, I recognised them at once. They looked almost the same as when I first taught them in 4P, 2000 except they are grown up now and much taller now! Lol. We spent a wonderful hour, over our tea, coffee and chocolate, chit-chatting about our lives: work, studies; SCGS: students, teachers; ... :) But once a teacher, always a teacher. Sorry hor, Li Choo and Deborah, if Ms Wong nagged a bit about concentrating on your studies, hahaha. :P Oh yes, thanks for telling me that I haven't changed at all and still looked young! That's really nice of you gals! Well, like I said being with youngsters and looking at the world through their eyes do help to keep me young, err.. young at heart, lol.



I really had a great time catching up with you girls! :) You girls, take care and keep in touch. All the Best for your studies.

***
Evening
After I parted ways with my ex-students, the girls' father picked me up and we went to Long Bar Steakhouse, Raffles Hotel for dinner. We actually thought of eating at Seah Street Deli but since we haven't tried Long Bar Steakhouse before, why not go for it instead?

Juliane and Marieann had the Calamari Rings ($6.50) and the Fish Fingers ($7.00) respectively. For once, they finished the food on their plates, lol. Either they were really hungry or the portions were small, haha.




The girls' father and I shared the following:
Cream of Tomato & Plantain with mesquite smoked chicken ($18): a rich creamy tomato soup with pieces of smoked chicken. I liked its creaminess and its sourness. The soup really whetted the appetite for the later dishes. It is currently on the special ala carte menu that is available for a limited period only.



Honey Baked Cod with Orange Zest ($48): thick slabs of cod coated with orange and honey and baked to perfection. The cod was really fresh and the orange honey gave it a most unique and refreshing taste. Yum yum. This dish is also on the special ala carte menu for limited time only.


Mongolian Baby Pork Ribs ($42): baby pork ribs with pepper sauce. The pork was really tender and the meat came off the ribs very easily. The pepper sauce wasn't too spicy and there was a sweetness to it. It definitely wasn't the usual black pepper sauce, I thought it tasted a bit like sweet mustard. The pork ribs with this special pepper sauce were really delicious.


Mango & Golden Raisin Crumble Tart with Old Fashion Toffee Ice Cream ($16). Instead of the usual apple crumble tart, it was made of mango and raisins. I liked its refreshing combination of the mango's sourness and the raisins' sweetness. The toffee ice cream added a creamy dimension to it. An interesting note: the thin slices of orange you see were actually orange slice crisps! The orange was sliced thinly and oven baked until crispy. I love this dessert!



Happy faces of the girls when they know they were going to have ice cream for dessert, lol.


No comments: