making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 25 January 2008

Farewell V

Yes, it is yet another farewell for a colleague, Teresa. We, 12 of us colleagues and friends, went to Sakura, Singapore Science Centre for her farewell lunch. I thought I would be late as I went there from school but I managed to be earlier than the rest, lol.

The restaurant wasn't crowded and the food wasn't too bad. Not going to talk about the food because Teresa's farewell or rather Teresa is the main character for today! :) During lunch, there were lots of chatting and laughing such as a friend was telling us why he didn't take prawns because a prawn saved his life once, lol. Now that was a joke, hahaha. It was some other reason lah but more funny to remember that instead, lol. I think everyone had fun chatting away, laughing away and also the photo taking. I certainly had a great time.





Now, the strange thing is Teresa and I don't work together nor are we in the same fishbowl (that's what our offices are called here at the research centre). So how did I know her? Well, there was this period of time (a rather long period actually) where I just couldn't do work in my own fishbowl because of bad feng shui, lol. As there were vacant working stations around in my now-current-but-then-was-not fishbowl and in Theresa's fishbowl, I would alternate and "hide" in these two fishbowls to do work, lol. I often used the working station next to Teresa's. That's how I got to know her. And I am really glad that I got to know her. Teresa is a very funny and witty person. I never fail to laugh when she is around. Of course, we do have serious moments too, when we are doing work, lol. She is also a warm and caring person. Like when she knew about my black out episode, she asked if I was alright. The caring thing she did was she asked again if I was better the next day after my episode. That was really nice of her. :)

Hey, Teresa. It has been really fun knowing you. Life is about cherishing the past (soon to be us!), facing the present, and moving ahead to new journeys and new milestones. I wish you great times ahead and ALL the BEST for your future! Stay cool and Remember to keep in touch!

No comments: