making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Mother is Back

My mother returned from Xiamen last night. We went to the airport after our dinner at LaBrezza, The St. Regis. As we were still a little early, we went for a drink at Delifrance, Terminal 1. I had a hot tea with milk as I was feeling cold. Even though the girls had their share of the desserts at LaBrezza, they were still hungry for more sweets. Marieann had a strawberry mousse cake while Juliane had a peach tart.


At 9:45pm, her plane was supposed to land and we waited eagerly at Baggage Claim 21. However, her plane didn't land until 10pm. At 10:20pm, still no sign of my mother. Normally, she would be one of the first people through the customs to Baggage Claim.


The girls asked, "Where is Ah Ma?"
I said, "I don't know. Coming soon"
The girls asked, "How come Ah Ma not here yet?"
I said, "I don't know. Soon."
The girls asked, "Ah Ma where?"
I said, "I DON'T KNOW!".

Then, the girls' father who was waiting at the side, came up to me and said, "Ma is already out. She called me. She is waiting outside of Baggage Claim 19."

Huh?? Isn't she suppose to be at Baggage Claim 21? Alamak, I made a mistake. There were 2 flights out of Xiamen, landing within 10 minutes of each other. I happily assumed it was the one I thought it was, LOL. Sorry, girls. I made a mistake, hahaha. Nonetheless, the girls were still thrilled to see their grandmother even though they didn't get to welcome her outside the Baggage Claim.

By the time we reached home, it was almost 11pm. The girls have both fallen asleep after a long day.

No comments: