making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 7 January 2008

Night Drive

I forgot that I had to return my library books today. To think I used to be a librarian and was most attentive to such details, sigh. Anyway, when the girls' father returned home at 8pm+, he drove me to the Queenstown library. Of course, the girls tagged along, they wouldn't miss the chance for a drive, lol.

The drive to the library was a nice one. There weren't too many tall buildings around the area so you could still see the night sky and its stars quite clearly. The thing in Singapore is that there are so many tall buildings around which meant the lights from these buildings would obscure the light from the stars. But tonight, I saw the stars shining quite brightly which was very nice.

I miss my night drives. I used to do that a lot when I was in Australia. You can really see the stars and most clearly too. I love looking at the stars. It really refreshes the senses, the mind, the body and the soul. I love the night sky and its stars. To me, it is the most beautiful time of the day. Told you, I am a night owl. Lol. :)

No comments: