making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 20 January 2008

Sunset by the Sea







I needed a change of scenery. I needed to be by the sea. The sea always calms and soothes me. Personally, I think there is nothing more beautiful than the sea at sunset. So I made the decision to go to Sentosa and since the girls haven't been there before, even better. Killing two birds with one stone.

I have mentioned in a previous post on 6 July 2007 why I love the sea.

I love looking at the vast expanse of sea and sky. I love hearing the crashing of the waves onto the beach and rocks. I love smelling the sea in the air. I love the calming and soothing presence of the sea. I love the way the sea engulfed my senses: visually (the colours of the sky and sea at sunset, the waves crashing onto the shore), auditorily (the sounds of waves, the rustling of the leaves), olfactorily (the smell of the sea), kinesthetically (the feel of the sea breeze and the sprays from the waves on the skin).

I was able to spend some time alone by the sea. It was really good for it refreshed my weary soul.

No comments: