making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 26 February 2008

Allergy

Late last night, my throat became really constricted and my voice was all changed. It was just like the times when I had allergic reactions to Aspirin and Panadol but not as bad as I could still talk. I had dinner like the rest of the family. So it was not the dinner. But I recalled eating a chocolate bar and some veggie crackers. I had the crackers before and had no problem. So it is the chocolate??

In the morning, I went to see the doctor again. He checked my throat and there was no redness or soreness but just swelling. He confirmed that I had an allergic reaction, what they called fixed food allergy. Darn! Now, not only am I allergic to certain medication, I am also allergic to food?! :( :( For the moment, I will have to stay off chocolates and nuts because the chocolate bar I had was a real nutty one until I can test what I am really allergic to via blood testing. SIGH. :(

No comments: