making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 16 February 2008

Annual SCGS CNY Gathering

Yes, it is our annual CNY gathering again for the 5 of us, old classmates and friends from SCGS. :) This year, we met again at Steph's place at 6pm and we had pot luck. Karen made her delicious mee siam (very spicy leh but really nice with lots of lime juice, lol), kueh pie ti and chicken wings. Hsiao made her yummy little fish cutlets which was much loved by the kids and me, lol. Chung bought Yu Sheng and everyone had fun "lao qi" and saying auspicious phrases. Steph and Peng Han made gyoza, mussels in garlic (really nice but garlic was darn spicy, lol), and provided the wine, crackers, cheese and pate. I wanted to make my cheesecake but was too lazy, lol. Instead, I bought a chocolate brownie cake from Chocolate Art. :P Next time, I will make something, lol.

There is nothing like a gathering with friends, especially old friends, lol. There is always so much to chat about and so much to laugh about. This year is no exception, just as much to talk about and to laugh about. I remembered laughing so much that my tummy ached, lol. We even talked about going away, just the 5 of us girls to, maybe Hawaii or Maldives or somewhere exotic... :P. The children would, of course, be left in the capable hands of the fathers, lol. I think the trip will be really fun! I will be looking forward to it! Better make it happen soon, haha. :)

All too soon, the gathering-cum-dinner came to an end, close to 9:30pm. No choice because it was already bed-time for most of the children. But I am sure we will have another gathering soon enough. :) What is a gathering without photos of the children (a bit blur cos darn hard to stop them from moving!) and of us (a bit small). Sorry, no photos of the fathers again. Haha. :P







Thanks for the gathering. I had lots of fun, laugher and good food. Let's meet up soon and talk more about that Girls' Only trip of ours. Lol. :)

No comments: