making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 17 February 2008

Bambini

* Go Juliane Bambino
Today is Juliane's N2 classmate, Kyle's 4th birthday. Kyle had his birthday celebration at Go-Go Bambini, Dempsey. Go-Go Bambini is an indoor children's entertainment centre. There is an enormous custom-designed interactive playscape that provides children (0 - 11 years) many opportunities for active play such as climbing, sliding, bouncing, balancing, crawling, etc. In two words, it is "Kids' Heaven"! Lol. There is a library and cafe where parents can wait and chill out. And there is free wireless too, you either use their computers or bring your own notebook or pda. Hmm, next time, I can come here with the girls and yet still get to do work, lol. Oh yes, there is a Nail Spa too, lol. :) Ok, digressing too much. :P

Kyle's birthday celebration started at 10:30am. The girls' father dropped Juliane and I off at Go-Go Bambini around 10:20am. Juliane was really shy at first. She refused to let go of my hand, so I had no choice but to stay with her at the party. (I brought my HP7, thinking to read it again at the cafe. No such luck, lol). Juliane had her name written on her right forearm and a heart drawn on her left arm. The children at Kyle's party wore green tags (for easier identification, I think). After all the children have arrived, the GGB party host brought the children into the playscape. By then, Juliane has already warmed up and has forgotten all about me, lol. It looked really, really FUN as judged by the laughter and screaming from the children. I felt like joining Juliane too (parents were allowed to enter), except I was wearing a short dress so not that suitable for climbing and sliding and... you get the picture, hahaha. :P While the children were playing, the parents were mingling and talking. I would be too anti-social if I read HP7. Yes, I was mingling and talking with the Juliane's Caucasian classmates' parents, lol.





After an hour of play, the children were brought back into the party room for lunch, cake cutting and a game of pinata! Juliane was the 4th child and the 1st girl to attempt hitting the pinata. Oh Goodness! All the parents were really surprised to see the vehemence of her attack on the pinata and they turned to look at me. Aiyo, so embarrassing, lol. Yes, Juliane was darn violent and gave it her all when hitting the pinata. She was the first child to make a dent in the pinata. I must remember not to put any kind of stick in her hands, hahaha. :P The party ended at 12:30pm with Juliane leaving with a goodie bag from Kyle and a bag of candies which she collected from the broken pinata. We were lucky there was an empty cab just as we left Go-Go Bambini. Otherwise, we would have to walk all the way out from Dempsey Road to Holland Road, lol.







* Johanna
Tonight, my cousins (paternal) and their respective spouses came over for dinner. It was also the first visit by my 10-month old niece, Johanna. She is really adorable! My girls were really taken with her. They carried her and were sayang-ing her, lol. I am glad that they don't mind playing with a younger child. :) No, don't even go there. I have already done my "NS"!



No comments: