making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Chinese New Year's Eve

Time really flies. Chinese New Year's Eve is already upon us!

Since my parents are back in town, I didn't have to do a thing this year. My parents prepared all the Chinese New Year stuff. So relaxing, compared to last year, hahaha!

We had our reunion steamboat dinner at home. We have always had steamboat as reunion dinner because of the ease of preparation. Of course, my mother would also prepare the cooked dishes that signify good luck such as chicken, fish, Fa cai (a kind of seaweed?), etc.




After dinner, the rest of the family watched tv while I was preparing the Ang Baos, lol. My mother had already packed hers way in advance. Smart lady, lol. :P I gave my parents and the girls their Ang Baos. The girls were beaming away and kept their Ang Baos under their pillow to sleep on. I also recieved Ang Baos from my parents and my mother-in-law. I am going to sleep with them under my pillow too, lol.

Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments: