making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Gearing Up for Australia Trip

Yes, yes, I know it is still some time away but I am really getting excited about my Australia trip. I am someone who loves to travel because of the freedom it gives me. Every time before I travel, I would be doing my research months ahead, looking for accommodations, places to visit, the travel routes, etc.

For this trip it is no different, even though I am no stranger to Australia. I have been to Melbourne and Sydney no less than 10 times and 5 times respectively. I have been to most, if not all of the attractions in both places. But this wandering heart of mine refused to be still, lol. I have been looking up the various places I could visit again. Visiting them will bring back fond memories. But there is always new experiences even if you visit a place of old, isn't it? I will see them with new eyes. It will add new memories to these fond memories. :)

Here are some places that I would like to visit again in Melbourne and Sydney. But I guess I have to be selective as I don't have alot of time in both places. To go wandering around is only secondary to my primary purpose in Melbourne: attending Evelyn's wedding and my primary purpose in Sydney: visiting my best friend, Min of umpteen years.

Melbourne:
Grampians National Park
Great Ocean Road
Phillip Island
Blue Dandenong Ranges with Puffing Billy
Various city sights e.g. Queen Vic Market, The Shrine of Remembrance, St Paul's Cathedral, etc

Sydney:
Blue Mountains
Port Stephens
Various city sights e.g. Opera House, The Rocks, Queen Vic Building, Circular Quay, etc

Of course, there will be time for shopping! I will definitely make the time no matter what! LOL. :P

No comments: