making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 9 February 2008

Happy Chinese New Year: Day 3

Usually by Day 3 of CNY, it is back to work for most of us. However, this year, the 1st and 2nd days of CNY happened to fall on Thursday and Friday. Thus, we have a long weekend to enjoy. :) But I think most of us welcome the extra 2 days to rest after all the CNY activities (visiting, eating, drinking, etc) on the first 2 days, lol. Well,I certainly did. :)

In the morning, my parents took the girls to the Children's Garden, an extension of Botanic Gardens. I was too tired to follow them lol. Maybe another time. Besides, I needed to go to Qantas Holidays to get my air ticket for travel to Melbourne and Sydney in late March. I am a Frequent Flyer of Qantas so I always travel on Qantas. My experience with Qantas since 1990 has always been most pleasant. But a good friend of mine probably won't say the same, lol. I think my flight was only delayed once and I actually got to wait and rest in the Qantas Lounge at Sydney Airport where food and drinks were provided, lol. :P Sorry, I digressed. However, when I got to the ticket office, it was closed and would only open on Monday. Sigh. I have to wait till Monday then to get my ticket. I hope they will still have direct flights to Melbourne because I am flying on the eve of Good Friday.

The girls' father and I went to have lunch at The Marmalade Pantry, Palais Renaissance on the spur of the moment. We were lucky to get a table although we didn't make a reservation. :) Without the children, we had a quiet lunch. I literally mean quiet. We didn't talk much which was fine by me because I enjoyed just eating, tasting and appreciating every bit of my food!

We shared the Soup of the Day: Chicken and Corn Chowder ($8). Knowing that we were going to share, they split the soup into two bowls and also gave each of us a slice of the cheese bread. That is what I call good service! :) The soup was pretty ordinary though.
The girls' father had his usual: Scrambled eggs & sausages on toast with field mushrooms ($15). I had the Linguini with crabmeat tomato chilli & pinenuts, minus the chilli ($19). Although I had this dish a couple of times, I still love it. The fresh sourish tomato puree really complimented the crabmeat and the pinenuts completed the taste. :) Sorry, no pictures because I forgot to bring my camera. :( Of course, we didn't leave empty-handed. I had some cupcakes for take-away for the girls and for my friends.

After lunch, I went over to check on my friends' cat, BC. He is okay. Again, he was most happy to see me and showed me his appreciation. :) I really adore that cat! :)

No comments: