making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 15 February 2008

Home Today

Today, I didn't go into work. I stayed home.

Last night, Juliane started having a running nose and her breathing was quite laboured in her sleep. In the morning, I brought her to the doctor's. She was pretty upset as she wanted to go to school, lol. The doctor diagnosed her as having a flu and there was slight wheezing in her lungs. Gosh, wheezing?! Good thing, I brought her in early, definitely don't want the wheezing to get worse. Since she was such a good girl at the doctor's, I allowed her to have Burger King breakfast as a treat, lol.

At noon today, the Total Defence Day horn/ siren went off. Juliane was really irritated by the noise, lol. I took it as a teaching opportunity and explained to her about Total Defence Day and why TDD is on 15 February. In the afternoon, I supervised Marieann while she worked on her Cultural Studies and Chinese homework. Throughout the day, I read articles about conceptual change in learners for my project.

On the whole, it has been a rather fulfilling day for me.

No comments: