making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 24 February 2008

Japanese Dinner at Tetsu

Before my father flies off for Xiamen again on Tuesday, we decided to have dinner out tonight. We went to Tetsu, 3rd level of Tanglin Mall. It is a new Japanese restaurant. When we arrived around 7:30pm, all the window seats, which were the bigger tables, were taken. So as a special case, they gave us the VIP room which is only given to customers who would be spending $600 and over. So we were seated in a big room meant for 16 people, lol.

The girls shared a Tori Kara-Age ($9.50): fried chicken and a bowl of rice. My father ordered a Tempura Teishoku ($24): assorted tempura and rice set. My mother ordered a Salmon & Ikura Don Set ($35): salmon and salmon roe rice bowl set. Both the girls' father and I ordered the Rosu Katsu-Ni Set ($26.50): pork loin katsu in stock soup set.







All our set dinners came served with salad, pickles, rice, miso soup and dessert. The portions were just right. I can't say for the rest but my katsu was tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. It wasn't too dry because the katsu came in stock soup. I liked the dessert too because it wasn't too sweet for me. :)

After the dinner, the girls had their Mckkies ice cream cones, lol. They also bought their Croc shoes which they have been eyeing for days.



No comments: