making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 2 February 2008

Last Minute CNY Grocery Shopping

There were still some last minute things that needed to be bought for Chinese New Year. My parents decided to go to NTUC Finest at Bukit Timah Plaza. Juliane and I followed them. We were there around 10:30am and it was packed! I guess there were also others who had last minute CNY grocery shopping to do, lol.

My father went to park the car while my mother, Juliane and I went to NTUC first. We put Juliane into the trolley as there were too many shoppers around and we didn't want her to be knocked down by trolleys, lol. Never go shopping with a 3+ year old kid. Every row that we went passed, we had to check the trolley to make sure Juliane hadn't grab something off the shelf and put into the trolley. Of course, she did that a couple of times. Her reason was "I like it. I want". As her grandmother and her mother, we said in unison several times, "No!". Lol. But after a while, I realised she only wanted the fun of putting stuff into the trolley and not really because she liked the stuff she took. So everytime we picked something, we would hand it to her and she would put it into the trolley with her. That stopped all the unauthorised pulling of things off the shelves, lol.

After the grocery shopping, we wanted to have lunch at Bukit Timah Market and Hawker Centre across the street. But the car park was full and it started to rain. We decided to head home instead. We thought why not have lunch at Taman Serasi Food Court since it is so near to us, lol. My father dropped us off while he drove home to unload the grocery and would join us at the food court. But in the end, only my mother, Juliane and I had lunch at Taman Serasi Food Court. My father cooked his lunch at home because he was too lazy to walk over to the food court, lol.

No comments: