making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Mood Swings

Have you ever experience, at one time or another, where an incident can ruin your day?

It happened to me this morning. I was happy that I could work from home and I was off to an early start at 8:30am. But at 8:47am, disaster struck. A document which I tried to save became corrupted. I lost a huge chuck of data which became replaced by little tiny squares and funny characters. AHHHHH!!! I was most distraught! The thing is this document was new and I hadn't the time to do a back up. ARGH! I tried using data recovery software but to no avail. The document remained corrupted. SIGH. My bad luck! #$&*!! After that, I was in a very foul and agitated mood. I guess I was vexed with myself too. Sigh.

But as the day wore on, I became less upset. Because this is life. Little things like these would always happen, little hiccups, little obstacles, little inconveniences but life still goes on. No point getting so upset about it. I have better things to do than to remain in a foul mood the whole day about it. My mood changed for the better after I figured that out. Took me a while though, lol.

My mood got even better in the evening when I received an email from Evelyn who is Marieann's Godmother about the venue of her Easter wedding in Melbourne. I became most excited and happy and started searching for accommodation in Melbourne. I am no stranger to Melbourne, have been there many times during my uni days. I will be very glad to re-visit Melbourne again since my last visit was in 1998. :)

Oh yes, I guess there is something to be learnt from today's incident. Life is really too short to remain angry and upset! Lol.

No comments: