making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 14 February 2008

My Sweet Valentines

Today is just another day on the calendar.

Today, I had to go into work. While chatting with the girls before I left for work, I realised that both my girls were performing in their pre-school's mini Chinese New Year concert, 9:30 to 10:30am. I felt so bad that I couldn't go to watch their performances as I had a meeting to attend at 10am! I was really upset about it while waiting for the bus. Then I realised that my parents were free. Hmm, maybe they could go in my place and watch the girls. I called home and got my parents to go. :) It was a perfect arrangement: the grandparents would be delighted to watch the girls performing and the girls would be most surprised to see their grandparents at their performances!

Today, I met up with my classmate, Carolyn who did PGDE together with me and she was also my colleague as we both taught at SCGS Primary. It was really nice to see her again. She was on campus today for the book fair. We managed to catch up over lunch. It was really fun talking about our former teaching days and about our various work experiences since leaving the teaching service, lol. Despite having a flat tire, she gave me a lift home. :P That's was really nice of you, Carolyn. It was great meeting up with you. We should catch up again, one of these days, out of campus! Lol.

When I got home, my girls were really excited. I was wondering what had happened. Ahh, then I realised. My girls came forth to me, handed me the Valentine handicrafts that they have made for me and said, "Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy". That was so SWEET of them! Juliane made a Valentine's Day card for me (she had help from the teacher with the writing) while Marieann made roses for me.




Thank you, my darlings. You are both my sweet valentines! I love you dearly.

No comments: