making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 21 March 2008

The 4 As

Updated 21 March Friday, 8pm (Melbourne time): the photos have been uploaded. Now you can view how the 2-bedroom apartment looks like. :)

Airport, Airplane, Airport, Apartment - the 4As, lol.

I went to the airport on my own as my flight was at 8:15pm and I have to be at the airport 3 hours earlier for international fights. I managed to get to the airport around 5-ish pm. There was no queue at all for my flight. So check-in was very fast and easy. However, I couldn't get the window seat I wanted as it was a full flight coming in from London. :( I was put in one of the middle aisle seats. I guess no choice lor.

Checked into customs after I finished my dinner at 6pm. Again, fuss free. While walking around, I realised Changi Airport has some complimentary activities lined up for visitors at the transit lobby. It is "Lucky Charm: How lucky will you be in 2008?". This is right up my alley, lol. Since I had a lot of time to kill, I lined up for the Cystal Stones Reading, Face Reading and Complimentary Photo. Both readings were accurate, in particularly the face reading, to the point that it became eerie.

The flight took off on time, about 8:25pm. I was seated next to a most gorgeous looking French guy. He is so cute! He was always talking to me. He is Mattao and he is 17 months old. Oi, what are you people thinking? Lol. The toddler was playing and "talking" with me. He is travelling with his dad. His dad looks exhausted after flying out with the boy from London to Singapore and to Melbourne. I did my best to help as I can empathise with the dad. I kept an eye on the toddler and so on.

Dinner was served at about 10:45pm (Singapore time). I had grilled fish with white wine cream sauce, with spinach and pureed pumkin. The salad was quite nice, a touch of Thai with the minced pork with glass noodles. Dessert was ice cream! Lol. :) I took my antihistamine medicine (night). However, I didn't sleep at all. It was supposed to make me drowsy and sleep. :( I ended up watching 2.5 movies - I Am Legend, Beowulf, and foreign movie, Manual of Love 2 (RA). Aiya, found the last movie too late, only saw half of it, lol. Breakfast was served at 2am (Singapore time). That meant touching down soon, lol.



On 21 March, I touched down at 3:38am (Singapore time) or 6:38am (Melbourne time) in Melbourne. (Melbourne is 3 hours ahead of Singapore) And it was only 10 degrees!!! What the #$%@!! The weather forecast had been fine for the past week, in high 20s and low 30s. The locals said it only got cold today, a cold spell. Just my luck! I packed all summer clothes! Sigh. No problems with custom. As I can't check in so early into the apartment hotel, I lingered at Melbourne Airport. While waiting, I got a few shots of the sunrise and breakfast at villa & hut kafe. At 5:30am (S'pore time), I couldn't take it anymore. I haven't slept a wink and have been awake for 24 hours! I took a risk and went to the apartment hotel, Punt Hill Essendon Grand. Thank goodness, the 2-bedroom apartment I am staying in was ready. Yeah!



The apartment looks nice, one Master bedroom with attached bathroom and a second bedroom. The beds are KING size! Oh, I am going to have so much fun having a big bed all to myself, lol. I took the bedroom without the bathroom. I will let Oma and Pippa have the Master bedroom, more convenient for them to have the attached bathroom. There is also a Spa and cafe at the hotel. Outside the apartment hotel, there are many shops. But as it is Good Friday, all shops are closed. So I couldn't really do much, except to sleep. Don't feel like walking around, too cold, brrr.... *Shivers* :P






The master bedroom

Its attached bathroom

My King-size bed bedroom :)




However, I might have been over exhausted that I couldn't sleep at all. My head and feet felt woozy but I just couldnt sleep. I ended up surfing the internet, and I also made myself a cup of Camomile tea to calm my nerves. That might have done the trick. I finally felt sleepy and went to sleep at 7:45am (S'pore) or 10:45am (Melb). I would have slept on if my mother didn't call me 3 hours later. Opps! I forgot to call them. I was so out of it that I wasn't thinking straight. Mom was nice and let me go back to sleep. But I was already awake. It was then 1:30pm (Melb time). Unpacked my stuff. 2pm (Melb time) but I was not hungry for lunch. I decided to venture out for a short while... to the 7-11 store round the corner, lol. Got myself dinner (roast chicken roll and milk). Just didn't have much appetite. Maybe too tired. Tomorrow, my appetite should pick up(?), lol.

Now I am blogging so that all my family and friends will know that I have arrived safe and sound. I will have a hot bath later, do my travel journal, watch some tellie, have dinner, watch tellie while waiting for my friends to arrive from Dubai at 11pm (Melb time). Nice to do nothing, lol.

No comments: