making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 13 March 2008

All Things Japanese

* Japanese Dinner
Tonight, we had dinner with Juliane's Kai Ye, Anthony as he would be going back to UK on Saturday. Our mutual friend, Kuan Ling joined us for dinner at Sun with Moon Japanese restaurant, Wheelock Place.

Although the girls had their dinner first at home (as we met for dinner at 8:15pm), they ordered an ala carte terriyaki chicken to share. Their father ordered a Kurobuto Don (on the special menu at the moment) which is grilled pork belly on rice topped with soft boiled egg. Although it looked good, the girls' father thought it wasn't really very special.



I ordered a Hokkai Kamameshi ($26.80): Hokkai Mixed Seafood hot pot which came with unagi, salmon, prawn, scallop, crab meat. The rice was most fragrant which had pieces of mushroom, pickles, seaweed mixed into it. I enjoyed my dinner!


We ordered desserts to share with the girls: Green Tea Parfait ($8.80) and Dessert Box ($8.80). The Green Tea Parfait has green tea ice cream, green tea jelly cubes and cornflakes in alternate layers and topped with mochi and red bean paste. The girls loved it, especially the ice cream and mochi.


My Dessert Box is a selection of 4 desserts (mini): raisin ice cream, black sesame pudding, jelly in soda and mochi with red bean paste. The black sesame pudding was very smooth and fragrant. The raisin ice cream was different from the usual raisin ice cream which was usually rum and raisin. The girls finished all the desserts except the sesame pudding. I think they were put off by the black layer of sesame, hahaha.



* Isetan Private Sale
Today, I went to the private sale. Remember that pair of shoes which I really like and it is the only pair in Size 36? Well, I managed to get it and 30% off. I was really lucky! :) For this sale, I bought 2 pairs of shoes, the first time ever I bought 2 pairs of shoes at one go, lol. Being able to shop and being able to get great bargains, sure put me in a good mood today. Yes, until the bill comes, hahaha. :P

No comments: