making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 7 March 2008

Exhausted!

I have been working on some videos since Wednesday, helping to code them for another colleague to get inter-rater reliability. As it was the first time I have seen the videos, each 1 hr video has taken me at least 1.5 hours to code, sometimes having to play back to re-look. It is mentally exhausting as well as slow going. :( I would love to work faster than that.

The best time I found to code them was really, really late at night when my girls were asleep because then they couldn't ask me questions about the videos, lol. Such as last night, or rather early this morning, I coded 2 videos between 12:30am to 3:15am. This morning, I managed to code another video while the girls were in pre-school. However, I had to leave for office before they returned home. I got to code 1 more video at work before it got too distracting with the various phones ringing and such. I took off again to find another place to work. Finally, I ended up at Starbucks, lol. Surprisingly, it was rather quiet. I coded a 5th video. :) I was really pleased with myself and left for home. The coding really knocked me out mentally. I fell asleep for more than two hours, only to wake up at 8pm. Now I have energy to work through tonight again for the last 5 vidoes, lol.

PS. I am lucky that I have a boss who is very understanding and doesn't mind where I work. She even said I could work at the beach as long as I could get my work done. Shall try that one day, hahaha. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been working on some videos since Wednesday, helping to code them for another colleague to get inter-rater reliability.
omgosh Miss Wong! i'm doing research methods in school now as one of my modules and when i saw you mention "inter-rater reliability" it just totally reminded me of school haha. X_x