making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 26 March 2008

Farewell, Melbourne. Hello, Sydney.

* Melbourne
I woke up early at 7:30am in the morning. As I have to leave for the airport by 9-ish am, I needed to double check that I have all my things packed before then. Evelyn, Ken, Pippa and Oma sent me to the domestic airport for my 10:30am flight to Sydney.

Everything is electronic now. The check-in was via the koisk which issued me an e-boarding pass. I then just needed to check in my luggage which took a little while as there were passengers for other domestic flights checking in too. I cleared the check-in by 10am. Evelyn and company sent me all the way to the departure gate. We sat down for a cup of tea/ coffee at the cafe just opposite my gate. We took a few photos, chatted a bit before I was forced to board the plane when they announced final call for boarding for my flight. Sigh. I hate to leave them.







I have had a lot of fun on this Melbourne trip. I had fun helping out and being so involved in the wedding. It is definitely a memory to remember and cherish for life. Thanks Evelyn and Kenneth for inviting me to your wedding. Thank you for asking me to be your reader at the wedding. Thank you for calling me your little sister, Evelyn. It means a lot. So where is my shopping money? Haha. :P Thanks for the wonderful memories. Remember to send me a copy of the wedding video. :) See you guys soon. Take care.

* On Flight
I was seated right next to the Emergency Exit on the plane so I had to read this extra flight info card. An air stewardess asked if I was fine to sit there and if I would be willingly to help during n emergency. Well, why not? I agreed and she went through the procedure of what to do if an emergency occurs. It is just a standard procedure for those who sit next to the exit to take note in case something does happen. Being seated near the exit meant that I was near a window, I was happy to snap some pictures. Lol.





The 1 hr and 20 min went by real fast. There was light refreshment but I didn't eat immediately as I thought I would eat later. I think I fell asleep for a tiny bit instead, lol. Before I knew it, the plane was landing in 20 minutes' time.



* Sydney
The plane landed right on time at 11:50am. I was getting excited as I would be meeting my best friend, Min for the first time since we last met 10, 11 years ago. Wow, it has been that long! Guess what, we recognised each other at once! Lol. Both of us looked exactly the same! Min is still taller than me (although I had secretly hoped she might have shrunk a little, lol) and still as skinny. She said the same of me, still skinny and looked only 15, lolol. :P

After picking up my luggage, we went back to Min's house. We had a simple lunch of ham, tomato and cheese sandwich with a mug of Lady Grey tea with milk. Simple yet delicious. Yum. :) I think we chatted non-stop since we met each other at the airport. After lunch, we went to pick up Min's 2nd son, Josh (3+ yrs) from pre-school. Josh is a really adorable boy. When we arrived home, Ben (7+ yrs), Min's eldest son came home from school. Aiyo, I don't what is with these Eurasian boys. They are just so cute! Big brown eyes, rosy cheeks, ... Lol. :P

I spent the afternoon with Min and her boys. Just relaxing and catching up with Min while she goes about her daily routine with her boys. Well, we are mothers. We can multi-task very well, lol. I am most glad that I get along really well with the boys. Ben who calls me Aunty Hwei Ming affectionately (aiyo, so cute, lol), went straight into playing the stencils I got him with me. Josh was also not shy about climbing onto and sitting on my laps. Bear in mind, this is the first time that both the boys and I saw each other! :) Also saw the neighbour's fat cat, lol.



Min cooked a delicious spaghetti dinner. Gosh, I just love western food, lol. :) We had dinner together when Min's husband Graham, came home. We had a most wonderful and hilarious dinner/ after dinner conversation, lol. A lot of laughing, hahaha.

It is certainly great to see Min again after all these years, Graham too. It is certainly a joy to see the boys. I hope the boys and I will have some fun together in the next few days. :)

PS. I was planning to go to Blue Mountains tomorrow. But I have to change my plans. Sydney has just been hit by a cold spell. It will only be max 16 C at Blue Mountains. Sigh. What is it with me and the weather??!! :P I don't think I want to take the risk of catching a chill/ cold. I think I will just head into city for some city sights instead. :)

No comments: