making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 30 March 2008

Farewell, My Friends! Farewell, Australia!

Today is my last day in Sydney. Why is it everytime I am enjoying myself, time just seems to fly?!

I still recall when I arrived in Melbourne 10 days ago, in the freezing cold! It was bloody cold but fun. It all seemed so surreal now. Then I was in Sydney, meeting my best friend, Min again after so long! The late night chats, the girl talk, the shopping :) Again, it all seemed so surreal! Now my holiday is coming to an end. It seemed as if I haven't even started my holiday!! Sigh.

Woke up pretty early in the morning and had breakfast with the boys. I had my Weetbix as usual. Yes, I am a Weetbix kid, lol. I just love it, with soy milk or rice milk, and throw in some dried fruits, yum! :) Must introduce my girls to it.


My Weetbix breakfast with rice milk and cranberries

After a relaxing breakfast, I finished the last of my packing. Yeah, just made it. My luggage was only 20.4kg. :) Can buy some more stuff to bring home, lol. :P Yes, I need to buy back some food stuff from the supermarket. Min and I left for the Woolsworth at Menai. I managed to get stuff for friends and family. As we were at the check-out, my eyes were roaming. No, not for guys but for shops that I could still do some last minute shopping for myself! LOL. Most of the things I have bought have been for my girls, my mother and my friends. Compared to previous trips to OZ, I have bought very few things for myself on this trip, lol. Feel a bit unsatisfied :P Anyway, Min really knows me best. She told me to go have a look at the shops, lol. Off I went. Looked at 3 shops and bought a red lacy top within 10 minutes. Yeah, HAPPY. With that top in hand, I finally felt that I have treated myself right, haha. :P

When we got home, Min went to heat up lunch. I wanted my kangaroo steak again. My last chance since I don't know if I can get it in Singapore, lol. While she was doing that, Graham offered to take me on a ride round the block. I was wondering, "Huh? Why would I want to go on a ride round the block in a car?". I think he saw the look on my face and he said, "On the bike!" I think I never ran so fast to the door, lol. The helmet was so heavy and huge. I finally understand how those "top heavy" ladies felt. I could myself tipping over, unfortunately it was due to the helmet, lol. :P The ride was really fun!! I thought I was pretty relaxed, lol. Apparently not, according to Graham. Ok, next time, must ride again and I will pretend to be a sack of potatoes, haha. :)


The bike!

Had a wonderful lunch of pork sausages, kangaroo steak, roasted veg, "squeaky" cheese and soup. Simply delicious! :)



I am going to miss Min's cooking. We had a cuppa too after lunch. Stuffed today's shopping into the luggage and it weighed 22kg. Opps, overdid the shopping, haha. Nay, I should be fine. I hope. :P I hugged Ben and Josh and took photos with them. I hope they will remember me, at least for Josh, I will be the High-five Aunty??!. Lol. :)

Updated 31 March 2008, 1:01am
Min took me to the airport at 2:30pm. The airport wasn't too far from her place. But I thought the time just passed too quickly. I only knew I was chatting with her and the next minute, we have arrived at the airport. :( There were not many people in the queue before me at the check-in. But 10 minutes after me, there was a long line after me. I guess I was lucky. When my turn came, check-in was really fast. I was done by 3:30pm. We had a lot of time to spare. We looked at the souvenir shops at the airport. I managed to spend my last A$20 on Arnott's Chocolate Mint Balls for myself and Kangaroo pencil cases for the girls. Lol. Min and I sat down for a cuppa and we chatted. We have so much fun chatting away, lol. Time just flew by. All too soon, it was close to 4:30pm. I had better let Min get home to her boys and her husband. I was upset that I have to say goodbye to Min. Ok, fine, I did tear. Min, you are my best friend. You are a great friend in every way. Thanks for making those wonderful, delicious meals; thanks for taking me shopping all over Sydney; thanks for listening; thanks for your support. Thanks for everything. Thank you for your friendship. :) Keep in touch, ok? Now that we finally figured out how to sms each other, lol. :)

My best friend, Min

Min and Graham

Went through customs with ease. The custom lady thought my passport photo looked really sweet and innocent but in person, I looked a bit naughty, lol. :P Wah, saw more shops inside. ARGH. No more money, haha. Boarded the plane at 5:35pm. However, we didn't take off until 6:45pm.

I watched 2.5 inflight movies. I finished up the "Manual of Love 2" which I saw on the way into Australia. I saw Rogue, an Australian action movie about a giant croc who is eating people, a bit like Lake Placid. I also saw "Love in the Time of Cholera", a spanish movie. Its tagline "How long would you wait for love?" says it all. A very touching and romantic story indeed.

Airplane meals are my favourite part of the plane journey, besides the air turbulence, lol. Dinner was served at 9pm+ (melb time) was salad; chicken in oyster sauce, greens and rice; mini chocolate bar and dessert was Passionfruit & Cream ice cream. :) There was refreshment about an hour before landing: fruits and pasta.




The plane landed at 10:55pm. I managed to get through customs and collect my luggage by 11:30pm. Got home at 12 midnight. I was very tired as I didn't manage to sleep on the plane again. But I was really glad to see the girls even though they were asleep. :) That put a smile on my tired soul. Hope they will like their presents when they see them tomorrow. :)

No comments: