making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 23 March 2008

My Australian "Family" and Cats

Today is the day before the wedding on Monday. Everyone just wanted to take it easy and spend some time with each other, with family.

Pippa prepared breakfast for all of us. She got up real early to do that. I was still in bed, couldn't wake up to help, lol. The breakfast was most delicious. Thank you, Pippa. Your mother was really proud of you, she told me. :)






After breakfast, more of the bride's family, her sister, Renata and family arrived from Queensland. We all had a good chat in our apartment. Just after noon, Pippa and Ken left for their football game. The rest of us adjourned to the bride's niece, Anabel's place for lunch and family gathering. I was invited to the lunch too although I was not exactly family. They made me feel really welcomed, they treated me as if I was part of the family too. Thanks. :) I really enjoyed myself with my Australian family.


At Anabel's place, I fell in love. I fell in love with her pets, especially her cats and dog! Her cats are so adorable, especially William or Bill. He is such a friendly cat that he didnt mind me, a total stranger carrying him! He is so cute. Bill also has a sister, a grey tabby but she is very shy as compared to Bill. Julie, the dog is also most friendly. She would lick my toes and have me scratch her belly. She stole a kiss too from me, lol.




In the evening, we returned to our apartment. Evelyn and I had a good chat while Oma rested. We had dinner when Ken and Pippa returned from their game at Renata's apartment at 9pm. We had Chinese and Indian take-away for dinner. I was really surprised that I could actually take the spiciness of the Australian Indian food. :P Yeah! Lol. We chatted for a while after dinner. Around 10+pm, I came back to my apartment so that Evelyn could have some more family time with her family.

I came back to blog so that my girls would know what I have done today. It is my means of communication with them besides phone calls. Marieann, tomorrow is your Godmother's wedding. I will call you before you go off to school so that you can wish your Godmother "Much Happiness and Love"!

PS. Today's weather was perfect, 27C. It was really warm, hot and dry. Almost like Singapore but minus the humidity. Everyone was wearing short sleeves, tank tops and such. What a difference from two days ago where the temperature was freezing. Haha.

No comments: