making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 29 March 2008

Shopping and No Lights

* Shopping
Today is the last day that I can do my shopping for tomorrow I return to Singapore.

My best friend, Min brought me to Liverpool Westfield shopping mall. We went to scout for the curtains my mother wanted. Unfortunately, the kind she wanted is no longer in fashion and we looked for it at several shops and all to no avail. Also looked for stuff that my friend wanted: PC game, and dvd. Tried our best but the PC game is an old one and the shops don't carry it anymore. As for the dvd, after looking in a few shops, the last shop I went into managed to tell me that the dvd will only be out in May 2008. Oh great, all that looking and walking for nothing, lol. Seemed like it hasn't been a very successful shopping trip. :(

Min is a fantastic friend. She decided to take me to another Westfield shopping mall at Marinda to try our luck for the items. Still no luck for them. :( But at least I managed to get my mother's flax seed oil, more clothes for the girls, and Delta Goodrem cds for myself. Yup, that's all I got for myself. Didn't really buy many things for myself on this trip, mainly bought for my girls, my mother and my friends. :)

* Earth Hour
Earth Hour is being held here in Sydney, it begins at 8pm and ends at 9pm. I am lucky to be here to participate in this meaningful international event.

The kids needed to have showers before 8pm, before all lights in the house are turned off. I helped Min to cut the potato and pumpkin, and to slice the mushrooms while she was attending to Josh. Graham cooked pork sausages, steak and kangaroo meat in the backyard while Min put the pumpkin and potato to roast in the oven. Min also made the mushroom sauce. I also helped to stir the sauce, lol. Soon we were all ready, the candles were lit, the meats barbequed, the vegetables roasted, the corn cobs cooked. The lights were off at 8pm sharp.








It was really an experience to have dinner with only candle lights, not just that, without other non-essential electrical appliances being switched on, e.g. television, lol. Ben joined us for dinner and Josh was hanging around as he had his dinner first. But he was snacking on sausages, lol. I had kangaroo meat for the first time. It tasted a lot like steak, lol. It went really well with the mushroom sauce! I had two servings of kangaroo meat and I also had the soup that Min made earlier. I think Graham is surprised by my huge appetite, lol. I really like kangaroo meat. :) Hope I can get kangaroo meat in Singapore, lol.

It was really fun and meaningful taking part in Earth Hour. I will get my girls to participate next year. :)

After dinner, it started to rain quite heavily. Didn't expect it to rain and it turned the night quite cold. Min and I then watched "love actually". I haven't watched it before as I thought it was one of those silly romance. I didn't realised it was that good. It was quite hilarious. Min decided to give me the dvd when she realised that I love the show, lol. Thanks, Min. :)

No comments: