making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 2 March 2008

Staff Party 2008

Yesterday on 1 March, we had our Staff Party 2008 at Swissotel the Stamford, 11:30am to 3:30pm. For this year, our staff party's theme is Beach Party. This is the 4th staff party I have attended since joining the research centre in 2004 and I think it is the "unglamourous" ever, lol. There were people who really turned up in t-shirts, bermudas and slippers! Hahaha. :P

I arrived right on the dot at 11:30am and managed to get an early bird gift. :) There were some pre-party activities such as photo-taking, "tattoo"-ing, and making of keychains and handphone charms from 11:30 am to 12:30pm. I managed to get a few photos taken with my friends. :)

We were seated in the ballroom by 12:30pm. We were at Table 36: Bai Rui, Xiao Fang, You Yan and partner, Libo, Khin, Kin Meng, Yee Zher and me. While waiting for the director of the institute to arrive, we took the opportunity to take more photos with each other, lol. There was the usual opening speech by the director and followed by buffet lunch at 1pm. The food was pretty average. I think I enjoyed the cold dishes and salads best.








This year's host and entertainment paled compared to last year's. There was a lot of talking from the host but not much entertainment. Only two games were played: one, we had to guess what were the old tv theme songs that we heard and two, we played scissors, paper, stone. Lol. We had to play scissors, paper, stone with the people at our own table until only one winner remained from each table (total of 45 tables). The winner from each table then had to stand on a chair to be the representative of the table to play scissors, paper, stone against winners of other tables. I was the winner of our table so I had to stand on the chair, lol. My friends were laughing and cheering for me, lol. They were reminded of last year's party where I was called onto stage, lol. This was just as bad as because I was standing on a chair for all to see. Thank goodness, I lost in one of the rounds as the last remaining 12 winners had to go onto stage. PHEW! :P




There was the usual lucky draw but unfortunately, only 1 or 2 persons from our research centre managed to get lucky. :( The party ended at 3:40pm. Although none of us had won a prize, we were happy too as we seldom have time like this at work to chat leisurely and to have such a good time among friends. :)

No comments: