making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 27 March 2008

Sydney City

Today I went into the city. Min dropped me off at Padstow train station at 11:15am. I would have gone out earlier but I was doing "research", lol. I was looking up the timetables of the train and possible cruises that I might be interested in. One thing led to another and I only left the house at 11:05am, lol. Yes, I do tend to dilly-dally somewhat! But hey, I am holiday so no need to rush, right?! Lol.

I managed to catch the 11:22am train into city, Circular Quay. I booked myself on the 12:45pm Captain Cook Cruises: Sydney Harbour Explorer (A$29). It cruises round the habour (round trip 1.5 hrs)and makes several stops along the harbour: The Rocks, Fort Denison, Taronga Zoo, Watsons Bay, Darling Harbour, Luna Park, Shark Island. I could hop off at any of these attractions and rejoin the next Explorer. From the Explorer, I saw the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, Museum of Contemporary Art, Fort Denison, Watsons Bay, Luna Park, Darling Harbour, the cliff, and The Rocks.












I disembarked at Darling Harbour at 1:55pm so that I could shop a little. I got two Glow-in-the-Dark t-shirts for the girls and a few postcards for myself. I didn't feel hungry until I saw people sitting by the waterfront cafes and eating. I decided to get Fish, Chips & Drink from Ice Cube Takeaway. Yup, I didn't want to sit down at a table. I brought my fish & chips right to the water edge. It was fun sitting in the sun, having fish & chips by the water and just enjoying life. You will never see me do this in Singapore, lol.




After lunch, I was really lucky to catch the 4:15pm Explorer to return to Circular Quay. If I had missed this one, I would have to wait until 5:45pm. After arriving at Circular Quay, I walked a short distance to The Rocks to take some pictures of the historical buildings there.





Again, I was very lucky. I managed to catch the express train back to Padstow from Circular Quay. Min very kindly picked me up from the train station. On our way home, I took some beautiful photos of the Sydney sunset.



We had garlic bread and hearty soup for dinner. The soup had celery, potato, carrot, bean, and pork sausage. Simply yummy. Please don't think it is soup, it is not filling. I am still extremely full! :)

I had a good time today in the city, snapping pictures to my heart's content. Oh yes, had an experience of my life too, I saw a naked man sunbathing at one of the tiny islands along the harbour! Actually, there were several of them. Hahaha. :P

Tomorrow, I will be going shopping for the things that my mother and my friends have asked me to get.

No comments: