making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 22 March 2008

Wedding Rehearsal and Shopping

Today is the wedding rehearsal. I woke up around 8am (melb time) but lazed in bed until Oma came to get me up at 8:30am. :P I woke up once in the night cos I had to switch off the electric blanket as it got too warm. I was actually perspiring away, lol.

We all went to have breakfast at the cafe - Evelyn, Ken, Oma, Pippa and I. We ordered our breakfasts namely Eggs, Bacon and Toast, Eggs on Toast. I had an Eggs, Bacon and Toast cos I needed the grease and fat to keep warm, haha. Boy, was I surprised when my breakfast arrived. It was a huge portion! Too used to seeing the tiny kaya toast we have in Singapore. The thickness of the toast was at least 2 pieces of our kaya toast (not halved yet). Here it is, feasted on it, lol. :P YUMMY! I was so full after polishing it up!



It was still nippy in the morning when we walked over to the wedding venue, Gardenhurst for the rehearsal at 9:30am. It was about 1.4 km away. The rehearsal went well. Everyone knows by now where they are supposed to stand, walk, ... :) I am their reader. I am going to do a reading from the I-Ching, lol. Quite fitting, isn't it? Haha. I hope I can remember my lines by Monday, the Wedding Day! Here are some shots of the rehearsal.


The brides' maids, bride's brother and the bride

The groom, the best men, the bride's brother and the bride

The bride and her brother, Wolfgang

The bride's daughter, Pippa and I resting around :)

After the rehearsal, Pippa and I headed over to DFO, Essendon for a little shopping. The day also warmed up considerably. At least I didn't need to wear my cardigan. The sky was really blue, not a single cloud in sight.

The blue, blue sky and not a single cloud in sight!

I got myself a dark brown cardigan with zip and a pair of fitting black jeans. I am most happy with my finds. Hope they will help me to battle the cold, lol. I also got the girls a blouse each. I am going slow with my shopping as I still have many days left and in Sydney too. Don't want to spend all my money now, lol. :P

After the shopping, we went back to the apartment and spent time talking - Evelyn, Pippa and I. It was great catching up with them!

In the evening, Ken's children came over for dinner, chat and also went through the plan for the wedding day. :) We had Chinese take-away. It is so cute to see the take-away boxes. I only see them in movies and tv series, lol.


No comments: