making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 21 April 2008

Compassion

Out of curosity, I decided to attempt this blogthings, "What do People Envy about You?". Me, that is, lol.

People Envy Your Compassion



You have a kind heart and an unusual empathy for all living creatures. You tend to absorb others' happiness and pain.

People envy your compassion, and more importantly, the connections it helps you build. And compassionate as you are, you feel for them.


So people envy my compassion, lol. First of all, in my line of work as a counsellor, as a psychologist, there must be certain amount of compassion and empathy. So I guess it is already in my nature/ character/ personality, lol.

However, for me personally, with my friends and not to mention my close friends and such, I do tend to experience quite deeply their feelings. I guess I "suffer", through no fault of my friends, as I share their emotional and mental upheavals. I will go all out to help them so that I can be relieved of the emotional and mental stress too, lol. So is compassion such a good thing? I really don't know. Hahaha. But for all the emotional and mental stress that I go through together with my friends, it is reward enough when I know I have helped my friends and I see them happy again. :)

PS. Just curious, I wonder who I can turn to when I am in need of help...

No comments: