making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 28 April 2008

Helping Others

I do enjoy helping people, be it my friends or strangers. Sometimes when I see tourists looking at maps and looking lost, I would go up to ask if they need help. I know some people would say that is being kay poh. But if your one single act can bring a smile or cheer to another person, why not? You will feel cheerier too for the day.

Somehow my career choices have always been those that I can be in the position to help others:
* Being a teacher - I helped my students to open their minds and learn about the world around them
* Being an educational psychologist - I helped students, parents, teachers and schools to deal with various learning disablities and difficulties
* Being a school counsellor - I help students to put their lives into perspectives
* Being a researcher - I conduct research in schools and hope the results will be able to help both current and future students, teachers and schools

Maybe my career choices are just extensions of my personality, lol. :)

Here's a blogthing that has quite accurate results.

You Are a Centaur



In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person.

However, you are also warm hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways.

You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.

You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.



PS. Today, I helped my friend out. Although I am tired, I feel really cheerful and content. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many many thanks for helping me out. I owe you big time.

Your friend.

hweiming said...

OI, still not asleep! Better go to rest. Big nightmarish day tomorrow lol. Let me know if you need help again. No worries, I am only too glad to help.