making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 5 April 2008

My First Meal Out...

It's my first meal out with the girls since I came back from Australia. Gosh, I have completely forgotten about how I had to fuss over them, making sure that they eat properly, that they don't play with their food, that they don't make a mess, ... Welcome back! Lol.

We dropped my mother off first at her friend's wake in Jurong before making our way into the city. My girls and I went to Marriott Cafe for dinner as it was already 7pm while their father went to Lucky Plaza to get a camera bag before the shop closes.

The girls ordered from the kids menu. Juliane had Chicken strips while Marieann had Pasta in tomato sauce. Their meals came with a drink and a scoop of ice cream. Both enjoyed their meals.




I didn't go for their buffet because the buffet theme was Thai so most of the buffet dishes were spicy. I had from the Ala Carte menu, Lobster Thermidor ($31): lobster pan fried with shallots, mushrooms, asparagus, flambeed with cognac and served with cream mustard sauce, parmesan cheese and a puff pastry dome. It is like a giantic vol-au-vent filled with lobster, mushrooms, asparagus and cream mustard sauce. Lol. The lobster was nicely done, and succulent. The sauce was really rich but I like it like this. The taste of cognac was pretty strong too, lol. It is definitely a dish that I would come back for, lol. :P (Yes, I could hear a good friend exclaiming "Expensive lah!" Hahaha.)


The girls' father had a Ceasar Salad ($17.50). When I brought the girls to the ladies, his food hasn't arrived yet. When we came back, he had finished his salad. Either it was a very small portion or he was very hungry, lol. So there is no photo to show for the Ceasar Salad.

It's my first meal out with the girls and I know I am home again.



No comments: