making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 10 May 2008

Friends and Family

Today, my mother had her friends over for lunch - a group of 4 sisters who brought their families along. You can imagine how lively the gathering was. Lol.

My mother started lunch preparation early in the morning. She prepared her Mango Chicken Rice, Pumpkin Bee Hoon, Fruit Salad, Taiwanese Zha Jiang Mian and Winter Melon Soup. Some came earlier because they wanted to learn from my mother how to fry pumpkin bee hoon. By 12noon, lunch was ready. After lunch, my mother made her Chinese tea for all while everyone continued to chat. Her friends and families left around 3pm.

Not long after her friends left, my cousins called and asked if they could come over to visit. Of course, my mother told them to come right over. Lol. They came over and stayed for almost 2 hours chatting with us.

Today is a day of friends and family. :)

No comments: