making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 31 May 2008

Happy 1st Month

Today is good friend and colleague, KM's baby boy's first month celebration. Baby Nicholas was born on 1st May, Labour Day. How apt for his mother, going into labour on Labour Day, lol. It was actually C-section but still, haha. :P

KM invited a couple of us, friends and colleagues from work, over for his baby boy's 1st month celebration. It was buffet and there were two batches - 12 to 1pm for family and relatives, and 1 to 2pm for friends and colleagues. So most of us arrived around 1pm. It was fun to see fellow colleagues and friends on a weekend. There was chatting, catching up with one other, and of course, eating. I thought the food was great because all dishes were NOT spicy, except for one. LOL. What a change from the parties I have attended with catered food where most were spicy food. :P I was really eating to my heart's content! Hahaha. There were the sweets too, like Ou Ni (Yam Paste dessert 芋泥) and Zuizian Bao with red bean paste (Crystal Balls 水晶包), lol. :) Another reason why I was having a great time filling my tummy up. Lol. :P

We saw a glimpse of Baby Nicholas every now and then as KM's mother was carrying him around to show family and friends whenever family and friends arrived. I think the little guy must wondering how come every time he has only just settled into his cot, he is being carried out and shown around to people again, haha. Well, I am sure he will sleep very well tonight. :P Baby Nicholas is very cute and alert. He weighs slightly over 4kg. No lah, I didn't carry him. You all know my fear of carrying newborns, lol. I asked his father for his weight. I didn't take any photos of Baby Nicholas because he was resting when I saw him. Let the little guy rest, lol.

Thanks, KM for inviting us over to your baby's 1st month. Once again, Congratulations. :)

No comments: