making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 19 May 2008

Hot, Hot, HOT

It is such a HOT day again.

I just didn't feel like doing anything at all. Every move is laborious and would break into a sweat. :( In order to "conserve energy", I slept for most of the afternoon away, like in hibernation. Correction, it should be "I was in estivation", lol. Estivation is something similar to hibernation but instead of winter, it happens during summer. Some animals do that. I bet you didn't know this, right? Lol. Estivation keeps the animals inactive and helps them insulate against the heat to avoid the harmful effects of summer, e.g. loss of liquid, increase in temperature, etc.

So, as I "estivated" for an afternoon, I was insulated against the heat and the best part, I was very well rested after that. I am full of energy now in the cooler part of the night. Now must find something to do. Haha. :)

No comments: