making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 26 May 2008

Movie Watching... and Re-watching

Do you like to watch movies?
I do. There is a kind of magic watching movies at the cinema which can't be replicated at home. If I can, I will try as far as possible to watch the movies in the cinema. Once I have watched the movies on the big screen, it is okay then to watch them on DVDs.

Do you like to re-watch movies?
I do. I have a few favourites, actually quite a number of movies that I can watch over and over again and I don't get bored! Lol. To name but a few - The Indiana Jones series, The Star Wars series, The Aliens series, The Mummy series, The Matrix series, Bourne series, Underworld series, LOTR series, HP series, 300, ... (the list goes on, lol).

What led me to write about today's post is 300. I watched 300 last year (my 12 March 2007 blog post) on the big screen and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I bought the DVD to keep. A few days before HBO showed it on cable tv, I watched the 300 DVD again. I was surprised at how captivated I still am by the movie. 300 still has the power to leave me breathless and panting away! Oi, not because of the nearly naked bods of hunks lah! But 300's great cinematography, the fight scenes and sequences. Lol.

I watched 300 again on HBO last night but was quite offended that certain scenes had been cut from the tv version of 300. I can understand because on tv, it has to be PG rated but somehow those scenes made a stronger impact for the movie. Hmm, I actually knew where and what the missing scenes were, lol. Goes to show those scenes had definitely made an impression on me. Anyway, 300 is showing on HBO again at 12 am tonight. I am going to watch it again, despite the cut scenes. :P

No comments: