making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 4 May 2008

Some Personal Thoughts...

Christine's Farewell:
The farewell lunch (yesterday) was for 8 people, including Christine. However, only 4 of us were there - D, BR, myself and Christine. The others couldn't make it last minute due to various family situations. Although they couldn't help it, I couldn't help but felt somewhat disappointed. This is not the farewell I had envisioned for Christine. The farewell I envisioned had Christine surrounded by all of us, all her friends whom she has made over the years at the research centre and whom she holds dear. I have wanted her last few memories of the research centre to be those filled with happiness and of friends. Sigh.
Anyway, I am glad that we three managed to pull it off and made it a cosy lunch for her (I hoped, lol). :) We did get some strange stares from the other patrons as there were only 4 of us on a big table for 8, lol. :P Oh well, nice way to be noticed, haha. :P

Friendship:
Thanks to a good friend who noticed my subtle call for help. It is not in my nature to openly ask for help, not wanting to bother others. I am touched by my friend's attentiveness and concern. Friend's help came right when I needed help the most. Thank you so much.
Sometimes, being a friend or helping a friend doesn't take much, just a simple "Are you ok?", a listening ear, or even just keeping the person company is enough. It lets the other person know, "Hey, you are not alone. You have got a friend in me". Thanks, Friend. I really appreciate your help, your time, your effort, and most importantly, your friendship. Now I know I have a friend looking out for me. :)

No comments: