making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 15 May 2008

What A Blunder

This morning, while at work, I received a call from the pre-school. The teacher said Marieann was running a slight fever, 37.1 and they will keep her in the office for observation first. The teacher said it was just to inform me. Okay, fine.

A few minutes later, the teacher (Tr) called and this time was about Juliane.

Tr: "We found a red spot on her hand."
Me: "Huh? What red spot? You mean mozzie bite?"
Tr: "We are looking for symptoms and signs of HFMD. Red spots are one of the signs but we are not sure..."
Me: "HFMD??"
Tr: "We are not sure. But as precaution, can you bring her home?"
Me: "Fine. Ok."

I am very lucky that my boss is really understanding and she brought our 10:30am meeting forward to 9:45am, just so I could leave earlier. She also allowed me to work from home for the rest of the day. Thanks, Boss. :)

The girls went to see the doctor. It turned out Marieann was not having a fever and Juliane was not suffering from HFMD but had a mozzie bite lol. The doctor wrote a letter for both girls and they were sent right back to school.

Sigh. What a blunder! Oh well, I guess all the pre-schools are now very jumpy over HFMD which is highly contagious... Fine, forgive them lor for this blunder.

No comments: