making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 22 June 2008

Dozo Lunch, Family Dinner

Earlier part of today was rainy. I wanted to go to The Central for some Japanese food as we haven't been there for a while. In the end, we went to Dozo at Valley Point, somewhere closer to home lol.

The girls had the kids' meals ($15.80++) which included a mushroom soup, a main course, chef's dessert and orange juice. Juliane had Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Udon while Marieann had Breaded Dory with Cheesy Rice. The pictures of the girls' meals are shown in a previous
post. Today's dessert was different, vanilla ice cream in a chocolate cup.


For the adults' set lunch ($38.80), we were given a starter which consisted of scallop, foie gras and smoked salmon. The taste was just as good as the last time we had it. Again, we were given a mango sorbet drink to prime our palate for our next dishes. Pictures can be seen in the same previous post.

For side dish, the girls' father had Steamed Egg Custard with scallop and foie gras topped with caviar which I had the last time (picture in previous post). I had the Gratinated Escargots with garlic and yuzu butter. I love the cheese and the yuzu butter which brought a refreshing taste to the escargots.



For soup, we both had Seafood Bisque. Still the same taste. :) Again, picture in previous post.

For the main course, the girls' father had Tender Pork rolled in 4 ways on Cus Cus. Unfortunately, I was too busy attacking my prawns that I forgot to ask for a bite. He said the pork was quite tough and it was only okay.



I had Gratinated King Prawn with Risotto. The prawns were big, fresh and cheesy. The risotto was infused with butter and really fragrant. I really love my main course. It was very filling too.


For desserts, the girls' father tried their cheesecake which is going to be on their new menu soon. I had a small bite and I thought the cake was pretty rich and cheesy. But then I love cheese so I didn't mind it.


I had Japanese "mua-chi" with Raspberry ice cream. The mua-chi balls which were rolled in grated peanuts, black and white sesame seeds, were really fragrant and sweet with the sesame and peanut fillings in them. The slight sourish taste of the raspberry ice cream gave balance to the mua-chi balls.


We had the same drinks we ordered the last time: I, the Iced Fruity Refresher and the girls' father, Iced Mallow Apple Melody.

Like the last time, it was a really good lunch. The girls enjoyed their lunch experience too. :)



***
For dinner, I had my cousins over at my place. It has been a while since they were at our place as my parents were away. Now that my parents are back, the lunch gatherings and dinner gatherings have started again lol.

It was great catching up with my cousins again. One of them, my cousin-in-law is due soon in early July. She is pretty excited and nervous at the same time as it is her first child and she asked about my labour experience lol. I guess I am the atypical person to ask about my labour experiences because I hardly had any prolonged labour pains. My first birthing lasted only 3.5 hours from my first contraction to the final push. My second birthing only lasted 1.5 hours! Both times I was without Epidural hahaha. :P Told you, I am not the person to ask. For me, I thought birthing is pretty easy and not that painful HAHAHA.

No comments: