making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 29 June 2008

Fusion Lunch At Serenity

We went to Vivocity close to 12:30pm for lunch. The girls' father wanted to have Japanese but I wasn't too keen as we just had Japanese last weekend. There were queues at some of the restaurants. We walked around and I decided to try Serenity Restaurant & Bistro. The decor looks nice - blue and white, like that of the Mediterranean. :)

No wonder, blue and white, it is Mediterranean fusion cuisine at Serenity. The girls both had Seta del Sol or Mushroom Sunrise ($5.50): creamy mixed mushroom soup with turmeric which came with 3 pieces of bread drizzled with olive oil. They enjoyed the bread very much but not the soup, I guessed the soup had a tad too much black pepper in them for the girls' liking.



The girls' father had Vongole Vino ($16): clams braised in white wine, lemon grass, lime leaf, blue ginger, lime juice with fish sauce bouillabaisse. He didn't like it very much as he thought it was like pasta in tom yam soup. I tried a spoon. I guessed the lemon grass, lime leaf, and lime juice have overpowered the taste of white wine.


I had the set lunch ($17.50++): Garden salad with thousand island, Coriander chicken with herb-baked tomato, paprika fries and chili jam and Vanilla ice cream with digestive crumble and wolfberries. It is interesting that they put dried wolfberries in the salad and in the dessert. It didn't taste too bad as the wolfberries were sweet but without the usual medicinal taste lol. The chicken wasn't too bad either. The skin was crispy and the meat was tender and juicy. Looks like I am the only one who enjoyed my lunch lol.




The food at Serenity is Mediterranean fusion with a strong Asian twist. It is not too bad if you don't mind the Asian feel to the dishes. The prices are pretty reasonable too.


After lunch, I skipped to Esprit to get my sunglasses fixed. I was willing to pay for the part and the service rendered. But the Esprit store manager got it fixed free of charge and get this, she brought it to an optical shop nearby! How's that for excellent service?! :) :) On my way to Esprit, I did get sidetracked and went into the Kipling boutique. No prize for guessing what happened. Hahaha. But it is really worth it, a Kipling bag at 50% off! Lol. :P

No comments: