making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 15 June 2008

I'm Hit...

By the lazy/ procrastination bug. :P I didn't tidy and clear my bookshelf and side table as I said I might. No, actually, it was because I slept really late the night before at 5am and only woke up around 9am+. :P I was clearing clutter and reorganising the data in my old Acer notebook before I transfer the data into my new Acer notebook. Cleared almost 2GB of junk! Gosh, I really do have a lot of junk in my notebook, lol. :P

We went to Raffles City around 11am. I was trying to locate the Garskin shop but sadly it is no longer there. Guess I have no choice but to order the garskin and apply it myself. But wait, there is a good friend who said he will help me do that. :) I am holding him to his words. Haha.

We walked over to Seah Street Deli, Raffles Hotel for lunch. They have re-vamped the Kids' menu. Juliane had Little Einstein ($9): crispy fish nuggets with tartar sauce and steamed potato and Marieann had Spiderman ($8): tomato cheese pizza with ham and a net of mayo. Both their dishes were tasty and they finished almost everything on their plates. :)




The girls' father had Macaroni & Cheese with pork sausages ($12.50): macaroni in a rich cheese sauce. It was very rich and cheesy, lol. He thought it was too rich for his liking. But both Juliane and I liked it very much and we pinched several spoons of it from him. :P


I had Sicilian Chicken ($18): half rotisserie chicken with vegetables and potato wedges. The chicken was tender and juicy. The spices on the chicken were just nice. :) Marieann liked my chicken and she pretty much had 1/3 of my chicken and my potato wedges. :P




For desserts, we bought donuts from Donut Factory. It was by chance that I bought donuts from there. I was walking around with Marieann and I saw there were only 3 people in the queue. So why not just get some donuts? The girls' father said I am very lucky to be in such a short queue lol. Hmm, yes, I can be pretty lucky in some things like that, lol. :P Indeed, when I was being served, there was a queue of at least a dozen people behind me.

My father came back from Xiamen in the evening. As my father isn't into restaurant food, it was quite difficult when we want to take him out for a meal, he would always refused to go. Since he hasn't been back for a while, I knew he would be craving for one particular dish - Chicken rice, lol. At first, he didn't want to go out for dinner but when I mentioned chicken rice, it was an immediate OK! Haha. Our first choice was crowded and had no parking so my father suggested going to Tiong Bahru Market instead. So at TBM, we had our chicken rice dinner. We also packed Hokkien Fried Noodles for supper, lol. :P

PS. Friend who is laughing at me, yes I do eat at markets too. Some of the stalls have excellent food, ok?! Lol. :)

No comments: