making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 13 June 2008

My New Notebook and New Hard Disk

I have been looking around for a new notebook. Since the PC show is on and today is a non working day for me, I thought I would just go have a look. There might be some good deals around. :) While there are many brands around, somehow I found myself gravitating towards booths that have Acer notebooks, lol. I have been using my current Acer Travelmate since early 2005 with no problems all these years (only recently there is a problem). So, personally I think Acer is pretty good although some of my friends don't fancy Acer, lol. Since I am used to Acer and am happy with it, then I might as well stick with Acer, right? Lol. :P

After going through a few booths with Acer notebooks, I finally got my Acer Aspire 4920G for $1598 at one particular booth with some pretty good free gifts. I got my RAM upgraded to 4GB, an extended 2 years' local warranty, a MS Office Home & Student Edition, an Anti-virus package, a Cooler Master cooler fan, an optical mouse and a Garskin for my new notebook. Not bad, huh?! :) :) :) Yes, I am all smiles! :P

Since I am already at the PC show, might as well get a new hard disk. I bought a WD My Passport Essential 250GB portable hard disk for under $130. I wanted a red one but it was out of stock. So I went for a blue one. Now I can transfer all my photos into this new hard disk as my old hard disk (of only 40GB) is fast running out of space. :)

Hmmm, what should I get next? How about my PDA phone?? Asked about SE Xperia but it won't be out until late 2008 or early 2009. Guess I have to look at other alternatives then, lol. Maybe a Samsung SGH-i780 or a HTC Touch Diamond. Lol. Yeah, I think I am on a shopping spree now. Haha. :P

No comments: