making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 16 June 2008

Scorpio = Crab = Lobster

My mother has been teaching the girls about the different Chinese zodiac signs... about their own Chinese zodiac animal signs.

I thought I would tell them about their Western zodiac signs. Marieann is a Capricorn which is half goat and half fish. In terms, she could understand, she is a Mergoat, lol. Juliane is a Pisces which is a pair of fish. That is simple enough for Juliane to understand. Juliane then asked about my sign. I showed them a picture of my sign and proudly told them I am a Scorpio. The conversation that followed made me want to cry and laugh at the same time.

Me: That's Ma Ma's sign, Scorpio.
Marieann: Orh, you are a crab.
Me: What?! No, it is not a crab!
Juliane: I know, you are a lobster! (both girls started giggling)
Me: NO, I am a Scorpio!

Alamak, I felt so insulted. Fancy a powerful sign like the Scorpio being reduced to a crab and a lobster and they dared to laugh! Sigh. Okay lah, looking at the positive side of things, they were able to make links because of the pinchers, lol. :P

No comments: