making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 10 July 2008

Comic Kid

I was coding a video clip today and I saw the funniest thing.

It was a lower Primary classroom and the teacher was going through the marked worksheet with the students. The class was rather rowdy and noisy. At times, I couldn't hear the teacher nor the students very well because of the noise level. A number of students were told to stand by the teacher for making too much noise. About 20 minutes into the video, the person who took the video slowly panned the camcorder around the classroom and it rested on this particular boy. I have seen him previously in the video, he was a very quiet boy and seemed to be looking at his textbook. Soon, the camcorder started zooming in on him. Oh mine! The boy was not reading his textbook. He was openly reading a classic Batman comics! No wonder he was so quiet lol. He was really cool as a cucumber. He continued reading his Batman comics the whole lesson his teacher was scolding his classmates left, right and centre. He never once looked up! The amazing thing was the teacher never caught the boy even though he was only seated in the second row in class and openly reading the comics. Lol. One cool kid, man or one gutsy kid. Hahaha. :P

I know the boy shouldn't have done that and I shouldn't have thought it funny. But it was the funniest thing I have seen in a classroom since I left teaching. I burst out laughing when I saw that in the video. The things that kids do in class, lol. :P

No comments: